Information for Transfer Students

Frequently Asked Questions

How Do I...?

...Apply to Sacramento State University?

Contact Admissions and Outreach, Lassen Hall 1102 - (916) 278-7766

Online Application: 

...Contact Admissions and Outreach staff?

Contact Admissions and Outreach, Lassen Hall 1102 - (916) 278-7766 

...Get information on fees, tuition, etc.?

Contact the Student Financial Services Center, Lassen Hall 1001 - (916) 278-6736 

...Get information on financial aid?

Contact the Financial Aid Office, Lassen Hall 1006 - (916) 278-6554 

...Find out about General Education Advising?

Contact the Academic Advising Center, Lassen Hall 1013 - (916) 278-6351 

...Find out about transfer credit?

Contact Degree Evaluations, Lassen Hall - (916) 278-3901 

...Find out about transfer information/course articulation?

Log on to ASSIST.ORG: official repository of articulation for California 's public Colleges & Universities. 

...Find out what the Entry Level Mathematics / English Placement Test (ELM / EPT) is?

Contact the Testing Center, Lassen Hall 2302 - (916) 278-6296

Placement Test Information: 

...Get information on taking the WPJ Exam (Writing Placement for Juniors)? Beginning Fall semester 2009, all undergraduate students with 60 units must begin to satisfy the Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR) by taking the Writing Placement for Juniors (WPJ) test OR English 109M/109W.

Contact the Testing Center, Lassen Hall 2302 - (916) 278-6296 

...Find out about Transfer Orientation?

Contact Student Orientation Office, Lassen Hall 1010 - (916) 278-7841


Transfer Orientation Information 

...What is the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)?

Contact the EOP Office, Lassen Hall 2205 - (916) 278-6183

 ...Get information about on and off-campus housing?

Contact Housing and Residential Life, Sierra Hall - (916) 278-6655

On-Campus Housing - And - Off-Campus and Other Housing

 ...Apply for a SacLink Account? SacLink is the CSUS universal authentication, e-mail, and Internet access mechanism available to all students, faculty, and staff. It is your computing and networking electronic ID.

Contact Information Resource Technology (IRT), AIRC 2005 - (916) 278-7337

SacLink Account Information 

...Get information about Textbooks / Hornet Bookstore?

Contact the Hornet Bookstore - (916) 278-6446 

...Contact the CSUS Career Center?

Contact the Career Center Office, Lassen Hall 2000 - (916) 278-6231 

...Apply for an Engineering & Computer Science Computer User Account? (this is NOT a SACLINK account or dial-in account)

Contact ECS Computing and Communications Services Help Desk, Riverside Hall 2011

(916) 278-6690

ECS User Account Information - And - ECS User Account Application 

...Find out about Engineering & Computer Science Career Services?

Contact Neysa Bush, Director, Career Services Office - Santa Clara Hall 1204

(916) 278-7091