Information for International Graduate Program Students

Frequently Asked Questions

How Do I...?

...Find information for a Prospective International Student?

Contact the Office of Global Education, Lassen Hall 2304- (916) 278-6686


International Student Handbook

Estimate of Minimum Cost to Attend Sac State

Immigration Rules and Regulations

...Find Application Information for International Student Admissions?

Contact International Admissions Office, Lassen Hall - (916) 278-7772

On line Application: 

...Who is eligible for an International Student Admission Grant?

International Students Admission Grant Information 

...Get information Housing and Residential Life?

Contact Housing and Residential Life, Sierra Hall - (916) 278-6655

On-Campus Housing - And - Off-Campus and Other Housing 

...Find out about New International Student Orientation?

Contact the Office of Global Education, Lassen Hall 2304- (916) 278-6686

Orientation and Welcome Information

...Find out about Student Services & Activities on Campus?

Contact the Student Organizations & Leadership Office, 3rd Floor of the University Union (916) 278-6595 

...Find out about General Education Advising?

Contact the Academic Advising Center, Lassen Hall 1013 - (916) 278-6351 

...Find information on taking the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) test? Students that earn a degree from an Institution located in a nation where English is not the official Language must take TOEFL or IELTS or PTE.

TOEFL Test Information

IELTS Test Information

PTE Test Information 

...Find out what the Entry Level Mathematics / English Placement Test (ELM / EPT) is?

Contact the Testing Center, Lassen Hall 2302 - (916) 278-6296

Placement Test Information: 

...Get information the WPG Exam ( Writing Placement for Graduate Students) All Graduate students must complete Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR) Graduate students will follow a two-step process to meet the GWAR: in the first step, your writing will be assessed to determine your readiness for graduate-level writing tasks. The second step is the completion of the culminating experience.

If you do not meet one of the equivalency standards and your graduate program does not offer a GWI course, then you will need to take the Writing Placement for Graduate Students (WPG), a timed essay examination or retake the GRE/GMAT and obtain a score of 4.5 or better on the analytical writing section.

Contact the Testing Center, Lassen Hall 2302 - (916) 278-6296 

...Apply for a SacLink Account? SacLink is the CSUS universal authentication, e-mail, and Internet access mechanism available to all students, faculty, and staff. It is your computing and networking electronic ID.

Contact Information Resource Technology (IRT), AIRC 2005 - (916) 278-7337

SacLink Account Information 

...Get information about Textbooks / Hornet Bookstore?

Contact the Hornet Bookstore - (916) 278-6446 

...Contact the CSUS Career Center?

Contact the Career Center Office, Lassen Hall 1013 - (916) 278-6231 

...Apply for an Engineering & Computer Science Computer User Account? (this is NOT a SACLINK account or dial-in account)

Contact ECS Computing and Communications Services Help Desk, Riverside Hall 2011

(916) 278-6690

ECS User Account Information - And - ECS User Account Application 

...Find out about Engineering & Computer Science Career Services?

Contact Neysa Bush Director, Career Services Office - Santa Clara Hall 1204

(916) 278-6756

...Find out about Engineering & Computer Science Tutoring?

Contact the Academic Success Center, Santa Clara Hall 1207