Dr. Isaac Ghansah
Professor & Director
Center for Information Assurance and Security
The Center for Information Assurance and Security is housed within the College of Engineering and Computer Science at Sacramento State University.
The mission of the center is to advance knowledge of information assurance and security practices through:
- Education, training, and awareness programs in information assurance and security issues and practices.
- Applied research in information assurance and security.
- Developing interdisciplinary programs in information assurance and security.
- Outreach programs to assist our community, including community colleges, K-12 schools, industry, and government in information assurance and security issues.
- Forming collaboration with other education, research, industry, and government institutions as partners.
The College of Engineering and Computer Science's Center for Information Assurance and Security (CIAS) is a designated National Center of Academic Excellence (CAE) in Information Assurance Education. This designation is jointly sponsored by the National Security Agency (NSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in the spirit of Presidential Decision Directive 63. To receive the designation, the Center had to meet stringent criteria in regards to the curriculum, faculty, research, and demonstrate an institution-wide commitment to information assurance practices and education. Click here to see NSA/DHS current national CAE designated institutions including California State University, Sacramento.
Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition (CCDC)
CCDC is also known as international "Capture the Flag" competition. The local contest is held during the Fall semester as a project in CSC 154 and CSC 254. Students take part in both roles of Blue Team and Red Team, while the faculty and staff take the role of White Team. CCDC receives sponsorship and help from local companies. Plans are being formulated to redesign and expand CCDC to a larger scale.
Research in Information Assurance
The Center for Information Assurance and Security is deeply involved in numerous security or privacy research and education projects, such as network & distributed system security, intrusion detection, vulnerability analysis, access control, efficient and provably secure symmetric cryptography, secure programming, social computing, cloud computing, cyber situation awareness, etc. Contact Dr. Isaac Ghansah or Dr. Jun Dai for details.